Mission, Values, Truths
Make the world a kinder, more inclusive place, one song at a time.
Puget Soundworks is built on the following values:
- LGBTQIA+ centered: Working towards dismantling the gender boundaries & language traditionally found in choral music. Provide a welcoming, safe space for all gender identities and sexual orientations.
- Kindness is key: Everyone speaks and acts in a way that is respectful and compassionate.
- Create beautiful music: We love to sing and use music to spread joy and laughter, open hearts and minds, and entertain our audience.
- Lift up marginalized voices: Use our musical platform to expand visibility for those who are transgender, non-binary, or genderqueer; women; people of color.
- Appreciate and inspire transparency: Transparency implies openness, communication, and accountability.
- Put singers first: Design communication, operations, and programming with singer empathy top of mind.
At Puget Soundworks, we honor and agree to the following truths every day:
- Music can change the world.
- Everyone deserves a life free from violence.
- Inclusivity creates a thriving and creative world.
- We live on native land.
- Black lives matter.
- LGBTQIA+ people deserve love and respect.
- Trans women are women. Trans men are men. Non-binary people are non-binary.
- Transphobia has no place in our community.